Fake GPS – Quick start guide
This is a step by step guide explaining how to use the fake GPS location app on android.
- How to enable developer options on android
- How to enable mock location
- How to fake location on android
How To enable developer options on android:
- Open your settings app.
- Open the about phone section (on android 7-8 and above, the about phone is inside system).
- Click 7 times on the build number, until you see a toast message saying ‘you are a developer’.
- Go back to the main settings screen (or the system screen), and you will see the ‘developer options’ option.
How to enable mock locations on android (select a mock location app):
- Open the developer settings section, inside the settings app.
- Click on select mock locations app.
- Select the fake location app.
How to use Fake location on android:
- Make sure you have followed the previous steps, and set the fake location app, as a mock location app inside the developer options.
- Change your location settings to ‘Device Only’ GPS, since the app at the moment can only mock the GPS location, and not the wifi / network location.
- Move the red dot to your desired location on the map inside the app, and click on start.
- To see that the location has actually changed, you are advised to use the my location app, it will show you your current device location.